Mar 16, 2011

60th Post - Upping my Geek Quotient

My Future office...Nice Eh?
Hey!!. This is my 60th...yes 60TH blog post. Who'd a thunk that I would be still writing in this thing after all this time.  That being said...

What have I gotten myself into?

Ok, so this whole "Geeky Dad" thing has inspired me to take a next step to secure my own little corner of the interweb.  In order to make this dream a reality, I have decided to make my own webpage and merge my Blog with my photography, Twitter, everything in one online place.  In order to do this I need a new website for www.geekydadsden.com that's not just a blog site.  Unfortunately its not in the budget to spend hundreds of dollars to have someone else do it for me.  So to keep expenses to a minimum, I am endeavoring to learn how to create my own website.  I'm going to learn HTML, CSS and all the other stuff associated that I haven't even begun to read about yet.  I'm not trying to become a master or make a living doing this, far from it.  I'm just looking to learn enough that my newly created website functions properly, does what I want it to do, and doesn't look like ass.  Luckily I have already been using photoshop for some time now with my whole love of photography so graphics and photos shouldn't be a problem. I would also like to think that some of those college courses are still resting, hung-over in my brain still, enough so that some of the stuff about esthetics and what makes something look good are still there.  So I got my first book "For Dummies" to get me started (from the library, again since I'm looking to keep expenses minimal) and we'll see how it goes.  All I can do at this point is do my research, pick programmer friends' brains and try my best....

Ok...

I'm going there;

"No...Try not....DO........or do not....there is no try" - Yoda


Ya..taking my geekyness to a whole other level was a great idea...yikes.


MAY THE FARCE BE WITH YOU

No comments: